Apply to become a Michigan Lottery retailer today!
Earn Additional Income
A retailer, upon issuance of a license, will receive 6% commission on each ticket sold and a 2% commission on each winning ticket redeemed at your location. Retailers are also entitled to a bonus commission on top-prize and jackpot-winning tickets, as stated in Lottery directives. For more information on bonus commissions, visit the to visit the Michigan Lottery website. Click Here
Incentive bonuses for qualifying retailers and those accepting cashless payments.
- Many chain stores report Lottery is a top ten SKU.
Easy Product Management
- Convenient Plan-O-Gram guides for ticket displays
- Lottery staff visits, support and assistance
- Dedicated customer service
- Flexible cash flow with 90 day settlement terms
- Statewide lottery advertising & point of sale program
Instant Ticket Specialist
- Toll-free phone number (800-592-4040, option 2) to place instant ticket or pull tab orders for next business day delivery.
- Weekly or bi-weekly review of accounts to ensure you have the right amount of inventory.
- Friendly staff is available to assist with questions regarding Retailer Applications, security codes, invoices or adjustment requests (800-592-4040, option 0).
Equipment Service and More
- To report equipment problems, misprinted tickets, request help with filling out adjustment forms, or to order supplies, simply call 800-592-4040, option 1.
- Michigan continues to be one of the top lotteries in the nation, offering a wide selection of games to suit your customers’ needs.
- Stay in the know with your players by visiting retailers.michiganlottery.com for the latest lottery games and promotions.
- Retailers are provided with equipment, advertising materials, ticket dispensers and displays.
- Award-winning TV, internet, radio and billboard advertising
Support Michigan Public Schools
- 29 cents of every dollar of Lottery products sold goes to the School Aid Fund.
- Complete the fillable application form online, print and sign the required forms.
- Submit the forms with a $150 application fee via one of the following delivery methods:
Mail to: The Bureau of State Lottery
Attn: Retailer Services
PO Box 30023
Lansing, MI 48909
Please include a check payable to the “State of Michigan” for the $150 application fee.
If faxed or emailed, please submit the $150 application fee online at https://www.thepayplace.com/mi/lottery/retailerserv.
3. Once the application is received, a credit review and criminal history check will be completed on the applicant(s). This process takes 7-10 business days to complete.
4. The applicant(s) will be notified by mail to their home address stating if they have been approved to become a Lottery retailer. This letter will also indicate what additional information is required to complete the licensing process.
5. Once the Licensing Department has received all required information, the Lottery license will be issued.
If you have any questions, you may contact Retailer Services/Licensing at 517-335-5619.
An applicant must satisfy the requirements of the Lottery Act, its Rules, and directives to qualify for licensing as a retailer. The following are some, but not necessarily all, of the requirements that an applicant must meet to be licensed as a retailer:
- Maintain and possess an acceptable credit history (refer to retailer directive No.3).
- Possess no criminal record that would adversely affect the integrity of the Bureau. Any criminal record must be disclosed on the personal data sheets. This includes, but is not limited to, convictions following a jury or bench trial for crimes involving theft, honesty or moral turpitude, along with guilty pleas, pleas of nolo contendere, or any pleas taken under advisement, as well as criminal charges filed against the applicant or the applicant’s principal or owner.
- Not engage in business exclusively as lottery sales agent/retailer.
- Meet administrative rule 432.3 requirements which state, “In addition to the requirements of section 23 of the Lottery Act, the Commissioner shall consider the following additional factors in determining the eligibility of any prospective licensee or renewal of a license as a retailer:
- The honesty and integrity of the applicant.
- The veracity of the information supplied in the application for Lottery Retailer’s License.
- The applicant’s indebtedness to the state or any local government.
- The business experience and general fitness of the applicant.
- The following factors may be considered by the Bureau in evaluating a location for placement of a terminal:
- Sales of other goods and services
- Customer traffic in the establishment
- Seating capacity
- Number of employees
- Number of cash registers/checkouts within the premises
- Number of parking spaces at the premises
- Square footage of the premises
- Business location of the establishment
- The establishment’s hours of operation
- Compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- The Commissioner may place a terminal at any location he or she deems necessary for the purpose of maximizing net lottery revenues.
- Must satisfy all other guidelines established in the Lottery Act, its rules, and directives.