Prominently Display Products
- Clearly display exterior signs to remind consumers you are a Lottery Retailer.
- Post promotional signage on doors and windows in view of consumers entering store.
- Advertise jackpot amounts inside your store and in a window visible from the street.
- Immediately activate, display and sell new games the same day you receive them.
- Display draw times and days for every draw game near the register and designated Lottery play area.
- Utilize Lottery-provided POS.
Know Your Products
- Consistently train your staff on new games, winning numbers and jackpots, draw dates, and current promotions.
- Remind your players that public schools benefit from every Lottery ticket sold.
- Highlight new Lottery games.
- Know your quarterly incentive goal and review your sales quarterly with your Lottery District Sales Representative (DSR). Discuss best selling tickets/games and past sales history to maximize and grow sales!
- Let your customers know you like to cash winners.
- Post “Winner Sold Here” signs in your store.
- Mention recent winners to customers! Players will buy more from a “Lucky*” store. For more information on what you can do NOW to help you qualify as a “Lucky” Retailer, contact your DSR.
Make Lottery Equipment Visible
- Move your instant ticket display above or on the counter for maximum visibility.
- Place self-service equipment at the front of the store near the entrance with easy access for players.
- Prominently display your ticket checker.
- Make your players feel welcome by dedicating a place in your store where players can stay and play their instant tickets, fill out their play slips, and check winning numbers.